Thursday, October 14, 2010

Social Sciences


Looking for Volunteer Hours? Why not help out Lainey's family for the Fall Festival, in support of her mom:
http://www.deedeetatefund.com/FundraisingEvents.html#festival SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23rd.
Other suggestions?
Grand Harbour Baptist Wonder World ..Tuesday nights; contact Joy Benson
GM Curling Club...Wednesday Night Bingos...help in the canteen, or setting up; contact Howard Zwicker
or Halloween Sleepover, October 29th: contact Esme!
B & G Club...Tuesday night TV Bingo...answer phones, call bingo, etc; contact Pete
GM Nursing Home...any activity; reading, playing cards, visiting; contact Nancy Wilcox

Thanks to Pastor Kirk yesterday for coming in to speak to us about work as a minister. Study notes have been compiled for his, and Kate Richardson's presenttaion. (see handout)
TODAY: notes on Social Sciences...Anthropology, Sociology and Psychology.

LJ #4: Describe 2-3 childhood incidents that shaped you as a person today.
WORMS!!!!
Ex. My cousin, who was only a year older than I, knew I disliked worms as a kid. While playing outside in our barefeet, he thought it was hilarious to put a hanful of the slimy creatures in my shoes. I was not impressed when it was time for me to go home. To this day, I still hate worms, and can not bring myself to touch them!! Ewww!!!